What can be more healthy and tasty in summers than some cold yum salad! We usually eat salad but in traditional forms like having some pieces of cucumber, tomato, onion along with meals. This summer, I plan to try out various interesting salads. And I am really excited about it (smiles)! I have been planning this for long but was somehow not able to start with it. Finally today I got a trigger when I saw pineapple at the vegetable shop during my morning walk. Woila! How about some Pineapple salad today!
I don’t prefer adding creams to dressings, so I added thick curd in place of cream and it turned out really delicious!
The ingredients used are easily available and the preparation time is not more than 10 minutes!
- 1/2 Pineapple chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cucumber chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small cup Sprouted Moong Lentils
- 2 Tea spoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Small Tomatoes cut to 8 long pieces(deseed, if they are very juicy)
- 1 Onion cut into long slices
- 1/2 Red Apple peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup Curd
- 1 tea spoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 spoon Salt (or as per taste)
- Keep curd in a sieve or muslin cloth and hang it for half an hour so that the water drains out.
- Mix all the salad ingredients except apple, lemon juice, salt and pepper and keep in refrigerator.
- Keep apple in ice water and mix it just before serving the salad, so that it doesn’t turn brown.
- Keep all the ingredients in refrigerator for atleast an hour. (If salad is nicely cold, it will be tastier and make all the difference!)
- Just before serving the salad, add salt and pepper to thick curd and mix well.
- Mix apple and lemon juice to the salad ingredients and now add curd. Make sure that the quantity of curd is just appropriate to cover the ingredients, it should neither flow nor the salad should be very dry.
What came out finally looked so much like a professionally made salad (smiles). We all enjoyed it and had a full bowl. Sometimes we keep thinking a lot before trying a new thing and once we try it, it looks to be so simple and worth it! Don’t take too long, just try it!