22nd April is celebrated as Earth Day! I want to dedicate this post of mine as a symbol of Greener Earth. To me, every day is Earth Day and is something I want to celebrate with all my friends in India and in other parts of the world! I am submitting this post to the Earth Day celebration blog hop hosted by Rashmie@MommyLabs.
I hope as I am getting more and more aware of how I am contributing towards the betterment of mother Earth so are all my friends. Let us all try our level best to conserve and preserve our wonderful home, EARTH!
The earth is what we all have in common.
- Wendell Berry Author, farmer, cultural critic
Moving on to the recipe of Green Apple Salad! I bought some Green Apples the other day but they turned out quite tart to taste. So, to balance the taste I used Carrot in this Salad.
In any salad, the presentation, dressing and the way we chop the ingredients matter the most. This salad is inspired by Thai taste and look! I chopped the apple and carrot into thin slices lengthwise like matchsticks (carrot and apple juliennes). And what added to the flavour was some honey and chilli flakes. This salad is a bit sweet, spicy and tangy! (what an interesting mix, isn’t it?!)
- 1 Green Apple juliennes
- 1 Carrot juliennes
- 2 Tomatoes cut lengthwise into eight pieces
- 2 tea spoons Lemon juice
- 1 table spoon Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tea spoon honey
- 1/2 tea spoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- Cut apple, carrot, tomatoes as mentioned. Keep apple juliennes aside in ice water so that they don’t turn brown.
- Mix carrot, tomato, coriander leaves and keep in refrigerator.
- Just before serving, add apple juliennes, lemon juice, honey and chilli flakes.
Healthy tasty and spicy salad is ready to serve!
My mom-in-law being a fan of spicy food, relished it and so did I and my hubby. It is your turn now!