This month onwards I am participating in the Magic Mingle event hosted by Kalyani of SizzlingTastebuds. The ingredients for this month are Pudina & Paneer (Mint & Cottage Cheese). Honestly this recipe is a fluke. Was trying a curry and ended up with a starter (wink).
My mom-in-law and hubby tasted it and asked me from where did I take this recipe! They just loved it (smiles)!
- 100gms packed Paneer (I used Gopaljee)
- 1/2 cup fresh Mint leaves
- 2 Tea spoon Chat Masala
- 1 1/2 Tea spoon Red Chilli powder
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 1/2 inch piece of Ginger
- 1 medium size Onion
- 2 Table spoon (slightly sour) curd
- 2 Tea spoon Salt
- 4 Tea Spoon Coriander powder
- a pinch of Asafoetida (Hing) powder
- Cut the paneer into 11/2 inch long pieces
- Sprinkle Chat masala and red chilli powder over paneer pieces and roll them so that the entire piece is coted with layer of spices
- Let the paneer stay coated in spices for 1/2 an hour
- Grind Mint leaves, ginger, onion and green chilli in a grinder
- Add 1/2 table spoon oil to a non-stick pan. Let the oil heat up.
- Add hing and then immediately add the mint paste to it.
- Stir the paste for a few minutes till the time it becomes completely dry
- Remove the paste from stove. Add curd to it and mix well.
- Places pieces of paneer in pan and press them so that the surface gets cooked and slightly crispy.
- Turn upside down and do the same with the other side.
- Add the paste to paneer and serve as a starter.
I love cooking, I loved it even more this time when I had to experiment/innovate and come up with something unique and delicious where the ingredients were pre-decided. It was really challenging and the dish turned out really yum and lip smacking!
Do you make any dish using Mint and cottage cheese. I would love to know and try it out…
Dear friends, please bear with the poor picture quality in this post. The usual camera has gone for repair and I clicked these from a stand-by so that work doesn’t stop!