Oh finally I could break this silence and come back in this space that is so close to my heart! Its been two long months and trust me, every day I have been grouching myself for not writing anything here. Sometimes it happens, we are not so busy but still are not able to find enough time. It is more of a mental block than anything else and I was so badly stuck because of this. Tried some garlic rolls and brownies but they did not come out so great that they would bring me out of this quite mode.
Finally yesterday I tried these muffins and they are the best from my oven till date! Whole wheat, orange juice, flax seeds, walnuts, raisins, olive oil and milk are some of the healthy ingredients I used for this and I was so happy to see the result that I could not wait to share it with all of you.
(will make 12 muffins)
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour (APF)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ground Flax Seeds
- 1 1/2 tea spoon Lemon Zest (approx. use two lemons)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 3/4 cup regular Sugar (Use palm sugar as a healthier option)
- 1/2 tea spoon Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Milk (I used full cream milk)
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 tea spoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tea spoon Baking Soda
- 1 tea spoon Vanilla essence
- 3/4 tea spoon Cinnamon
- 8-10 pieces of Walnut (cut into small pieces)
- 20-25 pieces Raisins
- Mix together the oil, orange juice, sugar and milk in a bowl.
- Mix whole wheat and all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda and sieve.
- Add salt, cinnamon and lemon zest and ground flax seeds.
- Add the milk mixture to these dry ingredients slowly and keep mixing with a spatula to avoid lumps.
- One the entire milk mixture is added, mix the batter with a spatula for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the dry fruits and fold them in the batter. (You can keep some batter aside if for a couple of muffins without dry fruits if our kids don’t like them.)
- Keep the oven pre heated at 180 C.
- Grease the muffin tray and add the batter. Each cup should have batter till the top level
- Bake in oven at 180 C from 17 to 20 minutes. Insert a tooth pick to check if the muffins have baked. The tooth pick should come out clean.
- Once done, let the muffins cool down in tray for 5 minutes. Do not keep the tray under fan. It may make the muffins less spongy.